Starting to think more about where you live? There are lots of options available, from renting to sheltered housing or residential care.

I’d like to stay at home

Making small changes to your home and getting support with everyday tasks can make a big difference and help you stay independent at home for longer.

Find out what types of home adaptations could help make your home life easier.

Help with everyday tasks like washing, dressing or making dinner.

Information on keeping safe at home, including gas and fire safety, protecting yourself from scams and dealing with floods.

I want to move to where I can get more support

If you’re finding it harder to manage at home, sheltered housing or residential care might suit you.

Sheltered housing is a type of ‘housing with support’, which you can buy or rent. Find out if it’s the right housing option for you.

Assisted living (also known as extra-care housing) is a type of ‘housing with care’ which means you retain independence while you’re assisted with tasks such as washing, dressing, going to the toilet or taking medication.

Moving in with family can seem like the ideal solution if you need support, want to spend more time with your grandchildren, or need to downsize.

Moving into a care home, or choosing one for a loved one, can feel daunting. We’re here to help you make the best choice for you, with tips on how to find a good care home and advice on paying for it.

I’ve decided to move

From private rental and social housing to specialist housing for older people, there are lots of choices you can consider.

We look at some of the many specialist housing options for older people, including shared ownership, retirement villages, Abbeyfield developments, and almshouses.

Park homes, also known as mobile homes, are single-storey houses that can be moved from place to place.

You may already be renting and are looking to move somewhere new, or perhaps you’re considering renting a property for the first time.